Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A beginning

I wanted to create a space where i could talk about the books i'm reading.



A little bit about me, I'm 27 years old. I work in a Bookstore. And my To-Be-Read pile is now up to 160 books. I have them stacked on the shelves of my entertainment center. They used to have their own small bookcase - two short shelves that i used as a nightstand. However my 'pile' has grown too large for it and now my bookcase hold my shoes.



My goal for this year is to read everything in my pile. It did not get this large because i am a slow reader or because i just buy too many books. I was in college until 6 months ago and wouldn't allow myself to read fiction. I knew that if i did i'd never get my homework done. So, for 2 years my pile grew. It was much larger than it is now. I made some painful cuts. Books that i thought I Might like, if i were in the right mood.... where taken to the used bookstore for credit. I then used that credit to fill in the holes of some of the series i had.



See, i rarely buy my own books. My sister-in-law is as big of a bibliophile as i am. The only difference is i keep my books when i'm done and she doesn't. We read generally the same thing, which makes me the happy recipient of all of her books when she is finished.



Okay. Well so far this year i've read...

The entire Anita Blake series, by Laurell K. Hamilton (erm..15ish books?)

The entire Dark-hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. (23ish books)

Nora Roberts: The Circle Trilogy (3 bks)

Nora Roberts: The sign of Seven trilogy (3 bks)

Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward

Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris

some true crime book that isn't really important now - it was pretty creepy tho - as reality tends to be

Yasmine Galenorn - Witchling, Changeling and Darkling
Patricia Briggs: Bone Crossed
Kim Harrison: White Witch, Black Curse

I'm sure there are a few tucked in between those. Those have been my big projects. The Hamilton and Kenyon series.

I'll make individual posts to talk about each series i've read..if i have anything to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment