Saturday, June 13, 2009

Skin Trade


I did read a couple books before if started the Maggie award pile. I just realized i never wrote those ones up. As i mentioned earlier I'd read the entire Anita Blake series. It had been a goal of mine for awhile since accidently reading the Incubus Dreams without realizing it was a series. I was sooo confused, Who is this woman and why is she sleeping with 20 different men?? And upset about it?? I knew to truely appreciate the story i'd need to start at the beginning.
I'll admit i liked Anita best when she was celibate. Not that the sex scenes with Richard and Jean Claude weren't hot, but i liked that the story focased more on the case than the bedroom gymnastics. I love a steamy love scene and i'm not so much a prude to think it Has to involve one person and that one person Needs to be the girls One True Love..but i swear one book after the Audeur showed up took place entirely in one bedroom. And that is all they talked about. Sex, talk about the sex we just had, more sex, talk about some possible sex we may have to have later, surprise sex and then puppy pile. It was getting old for me.
However, I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I think we were 2/3rds of the way in before she fed the Audeur. And i like how she was having to deal with her reputation, i felt so bad for her. The usual cast of characters wasn't entirely present. Jean Claude, Richard, Nathaniel, and Michah were not in the book. She only spoke to Jean Claude on the phone a few times. Am i the only one that likes it when Jean Claude cracks and starts yelling? Anita goes to Las Vegas with Edward, Olaf, and Bernardo to try to catch a serial killer that has fixated on Anita. There was a little bit of uncomfortable accidental underage sex. Didn't like that. Neither did Anita. But overall the story was actually about the killer and not the musical chairs of bedpartners Anita has been dealing with for so long.
I truely hope there is an end or at least some control to this soon. Anita doesn't seem to be pleased with how many men she has to collect.
Overall, much happier with this book than the last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment